Since it’s a slow period between Christmas and the New Year, now is a good time to take a look back at the first year of posts on The Distributed Marketing Blog.
Our mission is to publish industry news, best practices, tips and techniques for marketing professionals who work in distributed multi-channel marketing organizations. Our primary audience works in highly regulated industries such as insurance, financial services, biopharmaceutical and health care, but our readers come from a wide range of disciplines. A look at the 12 posts that attracted the most visitors, pick-ups by the media or other blogs, and social media chatter during our first year of publishing shows their diverse interests, and we’re grateful to the readers who have found us this year as well as the guest authors, bloggers and journalists who’ve helped us get the word out about our blog.
12. 5 Social Media Mistakes to Avoid
11. Why Marketing Automation Matters
10. Budget Survey Results: Spending Plans Shift to Social, Mobile
9. Making the Case for 2012 Marketing Budgets
8. Happy 40th Birthday, Email!
7. 17 Fun Freebies that Build Thought Leadership
6. Writing Guaranteed Press Releases
5. 2012’s Hot Marcomm Channel: Influencer Marketing
4. 6 Sources for Legal Low-cost or Free Images
3. Trick or Tweet: 7 Social Media Horror Stories
2. Who Owns Your LinkedIn Contacts?
1. Who Owns Your LinkedIn Profile?
We kick off 2012 on Wednesday, January 4, with all new posts. In the meantime, if you have an idea for a story for us, please click here to reach our editor — we’re actively looking for ideas we can write ourselves, as well as guest posts.
Guest bloggers wrote two of the top 12 posts in 2011 — how many will make the list next year?
Guest posts should be relevant to our audience of corporate marketing professionals who work in regulated, distributed environments where marketing automation tools and managed services can boost revenue, cut costs, and improve compliance. Contact us, and we’ll gladly send you some guidelines for submissions.